Review: Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX
Middle class without advantages
Bang & Olufsen has made a new pair of ANC headphones for the majority who want something cheaper than the H95.
Bang & Olufsen Beoplay HX
Good wearing comfort, nice design. Adaptive noise reduction. Touch operation.
The noise reduction is too wind sensitive and it affects the sound quite a lot.
- Type: Over-ear, closed, wireless with ANC
- Drivers: 40 mm with neodymium magnets
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 22 kHz (tolerance not specified)
- Active noise reduction: Yes, adaptive
- Number of microphones: 6 (2 shared, 2 for speech, 2 for noise reduction)
- Impedance (passive): 24 ohms
- Sensitivity (passive): 95 dB/1 mW
- Battery life: 35 hours with ANC and Bluetooth, 40 hours with Bluetooth only
- Voice control: No.
- App: Bang & Olufsen
- Connections: USB-C, 3.5 mm stereo minijack, Bluetooth 5.1 (AptX Adaptive, AAC, SBC)
- Weight: 360 g
Cables: USB-A to USB-C, 1.25 m, 3.5 mm stereo minijack cable, 1.25 m