review: Yamaha RX-V4A
Too feature-stripped to make sense
The step up from a soundbar is separate components. But you have to offer more than this.
Good balance in the sound image, nice sound on music in stereo. Updated HDMI features, and good interface for music streaming.
Graphics-free on-screen menus. 5.1 sound does not hold up in today's home theater market.
- Power: 5 x 80 W (6 ohms, 2 channels)
- Number of processor channels: 5.1
- HDMI: 4 in (4K/120Hz, 8K/60Hz), 1 out (eARC)
- Audio formats: Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS-HD MApcm
- Room correction: YPAO
- Services:, AirPlay, Spotify Connect, Tidal, Deezer,, Amazon Music
- Wireless: MusicCast, AirPlay 2, Bluetooth
- Turntable input: No.
- App control: Yamaha AV Controller, MusicCast
- Voice control: Passive via Apple Siri, Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa
- Weight: 8.8 kg
- Colors: Black
- Web: europe.yamaha.com