Review: NAD C658
Masterful digital blackbox
The NAD C658 contains more than what is apparent from the looks. Behind the gray facade hides a versatile preamplifier, DAC and streaming receiver that can also control your listening room.
Built-in Bluesound streaming and room correction. Can be expanded with additional features. Turntable input.
Together with a capable power amplifier, the price comes close to or above some of the models in the NAD Master series.
- Digital inputs: 2 x coaxial, 2 x optical (TOSLINK), USB Type A, Ethernet
- Analog inputs: 2 x Line in (stereo RCA), turntable (MM / MC) (stereo RCA)
- Outputs: Pre out (stereo RCA), pre out, balanced (stereo XLR), subwoofer (stereo
- RCA), headphones
- Wireless: AirPlay 2, Bluetooth 5 (aptX HD) 2-way, Wi-Fi 5
- Streaming (BluOS): Spotify, Amazon Music, TIDAL, Deezer, Qobuz, HDtracks, HIGHRESAUDIO, Murfie, JUKE, Napster, Slacker Radio, KKBOX, Bugs, TuneIn Radio, iHeartRadio, Calm Radio, Radio Paradise
- Resolution: 24 bit / 96 kHz (optical) 24 bit / 192 kHz (coaxial)
- Formats: MQA (up to 24 bit / 96 kHz), FLAC, WAV, AIFF, WMA (incl. Lossless), AAC,
- OGG, ALAC, MP3, OPUS
- Room correction: Dirac Live basic version, measuring microphone included
- Remote control: Remote control, BluOS app (Android/iOS)
- Dimensions and weight: 43.5 x 10 x 40.5 cm/7.4 kg
- Web: hifiklubben.dk