Review: McIntosh MA12000
Silky soft and firm as steel
The McIntosh MA12000 will break your back and empty your wallet, but the sound will make you euphoric and happy.
Near fully equipped integrated, with a sound image that hits you on the ground. Fantastically engaging and brutally powerful. The pipes literally make the music glow.
Takes up a lot of space. The price is also quite substantial.
- Type: Integrated amplifier
- Technology: Transistor, valves, autoformers
- Connections: 6 unbalanced RCA, 2 balanced XLR
- Turntable input: MM and MC input
- Headphone output: Yes
- DAC: 32-bit / 384 kHz, eight-channel PCM / DSD
- DAC connections: HDMI ARC, 2 x optical, 2 x coaxial, MCT, USB
- Power: 2 x 350 W @ 8, 4, 2 ohms
- Frequency range: -3 dB, 10Hz – 100 kHz
- Dynamics: 1.5 dB headroom
- THD: 0.005%
- Signal/noise: 114 dB unbalanced
- Dimensions and weight: 44.45 x 24 x 50.2 cm / 48.9 kg
- Web: mcintoshlabs.com