Review: Genelec 8361A
Studio sound in stadium size
With the Genelec 8361A you can hear the music as it is actually recorded.
The dynamics are extreme, so is the sound pressure. The sound is truthful like few, from real point source. The room correction provides extra adjustment options.
Massive appearance, looks bad in the living room. Coarse-grained sound when playing loud.
- Bass: 2 x oval 5 “x 10”
- Midrange: 5 “
- Treble: 1 “
- Amplifiers: Bass 700W, Midrange 150W, Treble 150W – Class D, peak
- Sound pressure: 118 dB (124 dB peak)
- Frequency response: 36 Hz – 20 kHz (+/- 1.5 dB), 30 – 43 kHz (-6 dB)
- Network: Ethernet for remote control and room correction
- Inputs: AES / EBU (XLR), analog XLR
- Output: XLR Digital Call Forwarding
- Room correction: GLM V.3 Kit
- Resolution: 24-bit / 96 kHz
- Dimensions and weight: 25 x 18 x 18 cm (H x W x D) / 7 kg