Review: Yamaha A-S2200
Smooth as golden silk
For some, the Yamaha amplifier will lack something significant, but it's not the sound quality we're thinking about.
Sublime music communicator with superb sense of space and crystal clear openness. Plays bass with compelling authority. Very well-sounding phono input.
Has no digital inputs and no adjustments on the turntable input.
- Type: Integrated amplifier
- Power: 2 x 105 W in 8 ohms, 2 x 190 W in 4 ohms
- Technology: Transistor, class AB
- Connections: 5 x unbalanced, 1 x balanced XLR, pre-out, direct in
- Turntable input: 150 μV / 50 ohm (MC), 3.5 mV / 47 kilo-ohm (MM)
- Headphone output: Yes (dicrete circuit)
- DAC: No.
- Network: No.
- Frequency range: 5 Hz – 100 kHz (+0, -3 dB)
- Dynamics: (not specified)
- THD: 0.005%
- Signal/noise ratio: 110 dB (CD), 96 dB (MM), 90 dB (MC)
- Finish: Silver or black
- Other: Remote control
- Dimensions and weight: 43.5 x 15.7 x 46.3 cm / 22.7 kg
- Web: yamaha.com