Review: Technics SU-R1000
High-end amplifier with unique properties
Technics SU-R1000 is one of the most unique we have seen - and heard - in the high-end class.
Beautiful warm soundscape with enormous depth and dynamics - when all the buttons are pressed. Unique way to calibrate the phono stage. Superb build quality. MQA support.
You can not adjust the phono load impedance and capacitance yourself. No network connection, nor among the most powerful in the class.
- Type: Integrated amplifier
- Power: 2 x 140 w 8 ohm (1 kHz), 2 x 300 w 4 ohm (1 kHz)
- Technology: Technics Full Digital and MOS-FET transistor
- Connections: 2 unbalanced, 2 balanced XLR, pre-out, rec-out, 2 x optical, 2 x coax, 2 x USB
- Turntable input: MM / MC
- Headphone output: Yes.
- DAC: 16/24/32-bit 384 kHz, PCM, DSD
- Network: No.
- Frequency range: -3 dB, 5 Hz – 80 kHz
- Dynamics: Not stated
- THD: Not stated
- Signal/noise: Not specified
- Other: Remote control. Calibration Record.
- Dimensions and weight: 43 x 19.2 x 46 cm / 22.8 kg
- Web: technics.com