Review: McIntosh MC1502
Upcoming amplifier classic
Old school technology has never been better than in our time, the McIntosh MC1502 is the proof for those who doubt.
Powerful dynamic control, plays bass with authority and sounds open, resolved and sublime on all speakers.
Bulky. Heavy as lead, and it gets very hot. Also quite expensive.
- Type: Power amplifier
- Power: 2 x 150 w, 8, 4, 2 ohms
- Technology: KT88 valve output stage, 12AX7A, 12AT7 pre
- Connections: Unbalanced RCA, balanced XLR
- Frequency response: -3 dB, 10Hz – 70kHz
- Dynamics: 1.2 dB headroom
- THD: 0.5%
- Signal/noise: 112 dB
- Dimensions and weight: 46.4 x 26 x 53.5 cm/53.5 kg
- Web: mcintosh.com