Review: Sennheiser PXC 550-II
Sennheiser plays it safe
An already well-functioning model has been updated with variable noise reduction and voice control. The user interface, on the other hand, has become somewhat messy.
Sennheiser PXC 550-II
The sound is among the best on the market, and the noise reduction works smoothly. Comfortable fit, without taking up too much space in the luggage.
The new features seem a little ill-considered. The combination of microscopic buttons and a jumble of hand signals makes steering more difficult than necessary.
- Type: Over-ear, closed, wireless with ANC
- Drivers: 32 mm
- Frequency range: 17 Hz – 23 kHz (-10 dB)
- Active noise reduction: Yes
- Impedance (passive mode): 46 ohms
- Battery life: 20 hours with ANC and Bluetooth
- Voice control: Google Assistant, Alexa, Siri, etc.
- App: Sennheiser Smart Control
- Connection: USB-C, 3.5 mm stereo minijack, Bluetooth 5.0 (aptX, aptX LL, SBC, AAC)
- Weight: 227 g
- Web: sennheiser.com