ReviewArgon Audio Forte A4
Exceeding their class
Argon’s affordable mini speakers play David versus Goliath with our tester’s stereo system.
Argon Audio Forte A4
Detailed and open sound with good bass and nice perspective at a price that should be higher. Wireless connectivity.
The sound pressure is limited. You simply don’t get deep bass from a four-inch bass driver. No USB input.
- Specifications: 4” bass, 1” dome treble
- Construction principle: bass reflex, 2-way, active
- Frequency range: 50–20 000 Hz (+/- 3 dB)
- Built-in amplifier power: 4 x 40W D class
- Crossover: 2400 Hz, DSP-based
- Inputs: analog line-in (stereo RCA), turntable (stereo RCA), 2 x optical digital (TOSLINK), Bluetooth (aptX)
- Outputs: subwoofer out (RCA), speaker out, USB 5V out
- Dimensions/weight: 14.3 x 24.0 x 19.0 cm (W x H x D) / 6.7 kg (set)
- Colours: black, white
- Web: argonaudio.com