Review: Yamaha A-S3200
Strong music communicator
The large Yamaha amplifier puts the music in a flattering light, but can also be brutally honest.
Beautiful timbres full of nuances and details. Plays bass with convincing authority and at the same time sounds sublime on demanding acoustic music. Very well-sounding phono input.
No digital inputs, or network connection, Missing adjustments on the turntable input.
- Type: Integrated amplifier
- Power: 2 x 100 w 8 ohms, 2 x 150 w 4 ohms
- Technology: Transistor, class AB
- Connections: 5 unbalanced, two balanced XLR, pre-out, direct in
- Turntable input: MC 150 uV / 50 ohm, MM 3.5 mV / 47 kohm
- Headphone output: Discrete circuit
- DAC: No.
- Network: No.
- Frequency range: +0, -3 dB, 5 Hz – 100 kHz
- Dynamics: Not stated
- THD: 0.005%
- Signal / noise: 110 dB CD, 96 dB MM, 90 dB MC
- Other: Remote control. Silver. el sort.
- Dimensions and weight: 43.5 x 18 x 46.3 cm / 24.7 kg
- Web: uk.yamaha.com