Review: Rotel Michi S5
High-end reference sound
The stereo amplifier in Rotel's new Michi series Rotel Michi S5 is perhaps the best in its class.
Rotel Michi S5
Two channels with raw power, refined and dynamic with a huge range of timbres. Operates most speakers.
- Type: Power amplifier
- Power: 2 x 500 W 8 ohms, 2 x 800 W 4 ohms
- Technology: Transistor dual mono
- Connections: 2 x unbalanced RCA, 2 x balanced optical, 2 x cable terminals
- Frequency response: 0 to -0.4 dB, 10 Hz- 100 kHz
- Dynamics: not stated
- Attenuation factor: 350, 1 kHz, 8 ohms
- THD: 0.008%
- Signal / noise: 120 dB
- Other: Display, remote control
- Dimensions and weight: 48.5 x 23.8 x 46.5 cm / 59.9 kg