Review: McIntosh MC462
Divine and powerful
McIntosh MC462 lacks neither power nor detail, and awakens the dead with its boundless dynamics
Endless, effortless dynamics. Beautiful, warm and refined sound with wall shattering bass and detailed, nice sound image.
Requires space and a solid bank account.
- Type: Stereo power amplifier
- Power: 2 x 450 w 2/4/8 ohm
- Technology: Transistor balanced quad mono circuit
- Connections: 2 x unbalanced, 2 x balanced input
- Frequency response: +0, -3 dB, 10 Hz – 100,000 Hz
- Dynamics: 3 dB headroom
- THD: 0.005%
- Signal / noise: 122 dB
- Other: Illuminated Vu-meter, wired remote control
- Dimensions and weight: 44.45 x 24 x 57 cm / 52.3 kg