Review: McIntosh C2700
All-inclusive valve preamp
This, often overlooked, part of a stereo is more important than many people think. Just listen to the McIntosh tube preamp.
Absolutely fantastic depth of timbre, plays with authority, beautiful phono steps and practical built-in DAC.
It only lacks streaming.
- Type: Preamplifier
- Technology: 12AX7A, 12AT7 vacuum valves
- Connections: 4 x unbalanced RCA, 3 x balanced XLR
- Turntable input: MM and MC input
- Headphone output: Yes
- DAC: 32-bit/384 kHz, eight-channel PCM/DSD
- DAC connections: HDMI ARC, 2 x optical, 2 x coaxial, MCT, USB
- Network: No.
- Frequency range: -3 dB, 15Hz – 100kHz
- Gain: 15 dB
- THD: 0.08%
- Signal/noise: 100 dB (80 dB MC / 82 dB MM)
- Dimensions and weight: 44.5 x 19.37 x 45.7 cm/13.4 kg
- Web: mcintoshlabs.com