Review: McIntosh C22
Analogue retro classic
It's no coincidence that the McIntosh C22 looks like it's 50 years old, nor is it a coincidence that it plays as well as it does.
Beautiful depth of timbre with great detail and noise-free phono stage. Wonderful retro design.
It cannot be supplied with new-fangled DAC, or streaming.
- Type: Preamplifier
- Technology: 12AX7A vacuum valves
- Connections: 3 unbalanced RCA, 2 balanced XLR
- Turntable input: MM and MC input
- Headphone output: Yes
- DAC: No.
- Network: No.
- Frequency response: -3 dB, 15Hz – 100kHz
- Gain: 15 dB
- THD: 0.08%
- Signal / noise: 100 dB (75 dB MC / MM)
- Dimensions and weight: 44.5 x 15.2 x 45.7 cm/11.3 kg
- Web: mcintosh.com