Review: Hegel H390
Half the price, the same brute power
The Hegel H390 amp is a real explosion of power, which at half the price of the H590 gives almost the same listening pleasure.
In addition to being massively explosive when it comes to pure firepower, the H390 has a precision and musicality that few can match. It’s also very well kitted out, both for audiophiles (Roon, MQA and DSD) and everyday listeners alike (Spotify Connect, AirPlay).
No turntable input.
- Output power: 2x 250 W into 8 Ω
- Damping factor: More than 4000
- Inputs: 3 optical, 2 coaxial (1 BNC), USB, network, 1 XLR, 2 RCA
- Sampling rate USB: 384 kHz (DSD256 DoP)
- Network: AirPlay, Spotify Connect, IP control, Roon Ready (future update)
- Line output: 2 RCA (variable and fixed)
- Dimensions: 14.5 x 43 x 44 cm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 20 kg
- Finish: Black