Review: Hegel H120
The “people’s amplifier” is very convincing
The H120 is a brilliant little amplifier that does almost everything right. It really has only one (luxury) problem.
The compact and neat exterior contrasts with the enormous soundscape, with tight control over the bass drivers. Combined with very fine-meshed overtones and all the digital inputs you could ever need.
For some speakers – and listeners – 2 x 75 watts can seem a bit slight. In addition, the price upgrade to the even better H190 is barely noticeable.
- Output power: 2x 75 W in 8 Ohms
- Damping factor: More than 2000
- Inputs: 3 optical, coaxial, USB, network, XLR, 2 RCA
- Signal processing USB: 96 kHz
- Network: AirPlay, Spotify Connect, IP control, Roon Ready (future update)
- Line output: Variable RCA
- Dimensions: 10 x 43 x 31 cm (H x W x D)
- Weight: 12 kg
- Version: black or white